Reinforcing Composite for the rehabilitation of concrete roads.
SamiGrid® is a composite consisting of an asphalt reinforcement grid of high modulus polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) fibres in combination with a nonwoven fabric. The saturation of the nonwoven material with bitumen provides a double benefit, i.e. a reinforcing effect from the grid and a sealing effect through the bitumen saturated nonwoven.
In contrast to other raw materials, PVA exhibits very good resistance to high pH-values. For this reason, it is particularly suitable for the reconstruction of concrete surfaces.
Due to its high resistance against mechanical damage during installation (installation damage), SamiGrid® can also be directly applied to milled surfaces.
The use of SamiGrid® has been proven to effectively slow down the process of reflective cracking with the reconstruction of concrete roads.
SamiGrid® is a registered trademark of HUESKER Synthetic GmbH.
- High temperature stability
- Elongation characteristics match the modulus of the asphalt
- Good bonding characteristics with asphalt
- Long-term dynamic load-carrying capability
- High resistance against installation damage
- High resistance in alkaline environment